ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF ONLINE MARKETING: CHRONICLE BOOKS
* Content/Marketing Strategy: Develop online marketing plans for key titles across all publishing groups. Ensure that each marketing plan reaches the right online audience with the right message.
* Content Creation and Management: Develop the content for all key digital marketing efforts and manage that content via chroniclebooks.com and third-party applications, such as Odyl.
* Budget: Work with the marketing managers and publicists for each key title to develop and deliver a digital marketing plan that fits each title’s budget. Separately manage a digital marketing budget, selecting third-party tracking tools and applications.
* Social Media: Partner with the community manager to ensure that all online marketing plans are being successfully promoted via Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.
* PR: Handle the PR for digital apps, working closely with the technology and book trade media.
* Mobile: Work closely with the digital team to launch all key digital titles including ebooks, enhanced ebooks, and mobile apps. Track sales and manage content via partner interfaces such as iTunes Connect and Amazon Mobipocket.
*Tracking: Track the success of all online marketing efforts and digital title launches to determine the ROI and inform future efforts.
MANAGER, TRAVELOCITY’S TRAVEL FOR GOOD PROGRAM: TRAVELOCITY
* Content Strategy: Develop the content and messaging strategies for Travel for Good, seeking to passionately engage our customers and employees
* Content Management: Compose and manage the content for the program, including the Green Deals page, the Travel for Good microsite, the Twitter account, and Facebook tab
* Budget: Manage my own budget, squeezing maximum return out of investments
* Social Media: Engage the Social Media team to host fun Facebook and Twitter campaigns with The Roaming Gnome
* PR: Develop the PR strategy for the program and work closely with the experts from Edelman, our agency, to implement
* Managerial Experience: Manage people as a resource across many different business units to deliver products and campaigns on time and above expectations
* Leadership: Currently leading the cause-marketing program for one of the world’s largest online travel companies, working closely with the Executive, Marketing, PR, Legal, and HR teams
* PC Magazine: PC Magazine recently compared all major online travel companies and called out Travel for Good as one of our key differentiators and engagement pieces
* Social Media: Brainstormed and spearheaded three major social-media campaigns with Facebook and Twitter tie-ins. Hotels that participated in the 2011 Earth Day campaign enjoyed a 18.3% YOY increase in bookings
* Video Platform: Completely revamped the voluntourism grants contest to include Facebook-friendly features. Gained over 70 positive videos about our brand and more than 100,000 votes
CONTENT WRITER AND STRATEGIST: TRAVELOCITY
* Content Writing: Worked closely with all lines of business to launch travel deals and innovative products to a global audience. Crafted compelling copy for landing pages, emails, and ads
*Content Strategy: Brainstormed and tested the most effective content for key merchandizing and informational pages on Travelocity to drive sales and create a flawless customer experience.
* Partnerships: Produced copy for major national brands with Travelocity partnership agreements, including American Express, Northwest Airlines, and Yahoo
* Managerial Experience: Edited copy from junior team member and freelancers
* Blogging: Wrote weekly blog posts for the award-winning Window Seat blog
* Promotion: After two years on the Marketing team, promoted to run the cause-marketing program for Travelocity
* External Clients: Work was repeatedly called out by our partners for being excellent
ASSISTANT EDITOR: RANDOM HOUSE
* Content and Copy Editing: Worked closely with a Vice President, Executive Editor at Doubleday Broadway on bestselling nonfiction and fiction titles, learning how to be a top-notch editor. Edited titles for clarity, content, and artistry
* Copy Writing: Wrote technical and promotional copy for roughly twenty books a year
* Book Acquisition: Acquired titles for publication and drafted contracts
* Project Development: Brainstormed ideas for books with colleagues and potential writers
* Promotion: After two years assisting one of the foremost editors in publishing, I was promoted to the position of Assistant Editor to acquire and edit my own titles
The Johns Hopkins University
MA, Creative Writing
2001 – 2002
Bachelor of Arts, English
1996 – 1999